Thursday, June 11, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Hello, I Love You



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating! 


Tittle: Hello, I Love You
Author: Katie M. Stout
Pages: 304
Genre: Contemporary

"A teen escapes to a boarding school abroad and falls for a Korean pop star in this fun and fresh romantic novel in the vein of Anna and the French Kiss.

Grace Wilde is running—from the multi-million dollar mansion her record producer father bought, the famous older brother who’s topped the country music charts five years in a row, and the mother who blames her for her brother’s breakdown. Grace escapes to the farthest place from home she can think of, a boarding school in Korea, hoping for a fresh start.

She wants nothing to do with music, but when her roommate Sophie’s twin brother Jason turns out to be the newest Korean pop music superstar, Grace is thrust back into the world of fame. She can't stand Jason, whose celebrity status is only outmatched by his oversized ego, but they form a tenuous alliance for the sake of her friendship with Sophie. As the months go by and Grace adjusts to her new life in Korea, even she can't deny the sparks flying between her and the KPOP idol. 

Soon, Grace realizes that her feelings for Jason threaten her promise to herself that she'll leave behind the music industry that destroyed her family. But can Grace ignore her attraction to Jason and her undeniable pull of the music she was born to write? Sweet, fun, and romantic, this young adult novel explores what it means to experience first love and discover who you really are in the process." ~Goodreads

Now I am cheating a bit with this one because it came out yesterday, June 9th. BUT to MY defense seeing as I don't have it AND I may not be able to get my hands on it for a while, I think it is fair for me to say I am anxiously waiting for it. Right? Right!

Now, the second I heard the synopsis for this book I was super stocked! It sounds like a K-Drama in book version! Some of you may not know but I went through a period a couple years back where I was all about Korea. I only watched Korean TV shows, only listened to K-Pop, taught myself a good bit of Korean AND even took a trip there! Not to mention I was in love with like EVERY K-Pop idol! (Although T.O.P. will forever hold a special place in my heart!) So how can I resist a book about a girl who goes to Korea and falls in love with a K-Pop idol??? HOW???!! The answer is I cannot. Hopefully I will be able to make some magic happen and pick up this book quite soon. 

In the meantime, I leave you with this beauty:



Hope you enjoyed my fangirling! 

Let me know below what books you are looking forward to! <3










1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for this too! :)

    mimi @ http://bookfanaticss.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete