Saturday, June 27, 2015

Book Haul: Mostly Bargain Books!

Hey everyone! I thought I'd share a couple of books I have picked up this month! I haven't really bought a lot of books compared to other months and actually the majority of them have been bargained priced, so I don't feel guilty! :)

Me and my co-worker/friend decided to do a little book shopping on our day off a week or two back and I scored 5 books and 2 bookmarks from that trip! The first stop we made was a second hand local bookstore that a lot of people here have been telling me about for months. Confession time: I don't really EVER shop at used bookstores. I like my books to be in mint condition and sadly most used books end up being a little beat up. :( But I decided to give this place a shot since so many people love it. To tell you the truth I was a bit disappointed. Not only WERE the majority of the books in bad conditions but they were so EXPENSIVE for being used! I went looking in the YA and MG section first and almost all paperbacks were $8 and hardbacks $14. I get that this IS cheaper than buying them at say B&N but I could get all those books for the same price or cheaper on Amazon or Bookoutlet so I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a copy I wasn't going to be happy with.

I did manage to snag two books and a bookmark there though, so it wasn't all bad!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The first book I managed to snag was the second book in A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket! I bought the first one, The Bad Beginning, from Bookoutlet earlier this year for like $2.99 but I hadn't been able to find the second one anywhere for less than $10. I found a copy in PERFECT condition (minus a stupid sticker) for $6.50! I was so excited about this find! I know at this rate it will take me forever to get all the books in the series but I must stay strong! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The second book I found was Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella! I had to dig through about 15 copies of this before I found one in perfect condition but this one was only $1.99! I actually got the edition with the white cover, which I must say I much prefer. I am ashamed to say I have never read a Sophie Kinsella book but I DID watch the movie adaptation of this one before I knew it was a series and really loved it! Can't wait to give this a read! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving the second hand bookstore we headed to B&N. I had decided I only wanted to look in the bargain section because I didn't have much money to spend and wanted to get a few books not just one. I managed to find THREE bargain books, all for about $5 each! The best part is they were all books I had really been wanting to read. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The first book I spotted as soon as I got to the bargain section was this BEAUTY, You by Caroline Kepnes. I heard about this book over on Lindsey Rey's Booktube channel and instantly wanted to read it. Okay, no, I lie. I debated on this one for a while but simply because I am the biggest chicken you will ever meet and I get so easily freaked out. This book is not only from the perspective of a stalker which is a big fear of mine but it is also told in second person, making you feel as if he really is stalking you, the reader. I will have to put my fears aside and give it a read cause Lindsey made it sound so amazing! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The second book I found at B&N was The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. I have heard many good things about this series and even though I am not 100% sure about the premise for the book I am excited to go into it pretty blind. also, I don't know what it is but I LOVE this cover! I find myself just staring at it whenever I see it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Easy by Tammara Webber is another New Adult book that I have heard AMAZING things about. I don't know all the details about it, nor do I want to but it sounds like an amazing story about love, relationships, and healing. Need to read this one SOON! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The last book I hauled this month was Zodiac by Romina Russell. I actually ordered this one off of Amazon one day when my boyfriend was placing an order. Hehe, sneaky! :D I am super excited about this one as well. I think the concept of using the astrological signs is so unique and creative and I can't wait to see what she does with it. Plus I have been craving a good Sci-fi story! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


These are the two ADORABLE bookmarks I got this month! I am a bit obsessed with bookmarks and have quite a bit. I might make a post in the future, solely dedicated to them...hmmm maybe a series...anyways, the mustache one I got at B&N for about $4 dollars and I had been wanting it for quite a bit so I decided to treat myself. The Dr. Seuss one I got at the second hand shop for 50 cents! I am a big fan of his books and I thought not only was it cute but it had a great quote on it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, that's all for this month's haul! I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what books you picked up this month! I'm off to watch some Booktube videos but I will leave you with this Jessie J song because I was listening to her all her songs while writing this post! Gosh I love her! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment