Friday, June 26, 2015

The BFF Book Tag



Hey guys! Today I thought I'd do a really fun tag that was created by Chantal over at CK's Reading Corner! All of you should go check out and follow her blog because she is awesome and has great posts! :) Also, as much as I would love to take credit for the gorgeous banner, I did borrow it from Chantal's blog. It was created and designed by her talented boyfriend, James Fenney. So if you do the tag and decide to use it please make sure to mention it! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Setting the Example: A pair/group of book bff's that you love 


My Choice: Harry, Ron, and Hermione from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.

Must I really give a reasoning behind this one??? They are just the perfect trio! I loved all three so much right from book one and continued to do so throughout the rest of the series. They really WERE willing to do anything for one another and that is something that is rare nowadays. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Childhood Bestie: Which book character would you have liked to grow up with?


My Choice: Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I really wish this was a real life possibility! I loved Cath as a character and I could relate to her on so many levels. I think we would have had so much fun growing up together and I think our friendship would have lasted long into adulthood! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Frenemy: Which book character would bring out your competitive side?


My Choice: Gansey from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

This one was really hard to choose because I am actually not a very competitive person at all, especially among friends. So I decided to instead go with someone I would be "frenemies" with because I would find myself being annoyed by things they did even though I loved them. One person I automatically thought of was Gansey! I know that I would love him and being around him, as well as listening to him talk BUT at the same time I know that a lot of the things he did would irritate me like crazy! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Fashion Guru: Who would be the bestie whose closet you'd want to raid or would you want to go on a shopping spree with?


My Choice: Alyssa from Slintered by A.G. Howard

If you know me you'll know that I don't really have a distinct style, I mean I can dress-up from time to time but it's not anything that screams JUDITH! What I loved about Alyssa's style is that it was all her own. It was funky and whimsical and she rocked it! I would love to go on a shopping spree with her and try on all sorts of new things! I always admire people who manage to have unique and fun wardrobes. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. The Bad Influence: Which character would you want to commit a small act of rebellion with? (go skinny dipping with, sneak into a movie, have a drag race with, etc.)


My Choice: Rose from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

This one was probably the easiest question to answer! The second I saw this question I knew it would have to be Rose. Actually to be honest I would probably do anything Rose decided to do! I have only read the first three books of the series but she is still one of my all time favorite characters EVER. I love her sass and humor and also her loyalty and sense of duty. She would not only show me a good time but probably be able to get us out of it just as easy. :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Blood Brothers: Which character would you want to be your surrogate big brother/sister? (You can do both if you want)


My Choice: Kenji from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

This guy is simply HILARIOUS! He is a big part of why I love this series so much. But better yet he was a great friend and confidant to Juliette and I loved their relationship. It illustrated a beautiful friendship between people of the opposite sex that did NOT lead to more! I want my own Kenji! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Mother Hen: Which character would you want to be by your side when you're having a bad day to cheer you up? 


My Choice: Christa from This Weakness For You by Wendy Sparrow

If you've read my review of this book then you know that Christa is one of my favorite heroines ever! She cracks me up so much and even though she has a disability she is such a strong character. I think not only would she make me laugh on a hard day but she would also give me the strength I need to get through it! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. The Counselor: Which character would you go to for relationship advice (or) confide a secret to?


My Choice: Mayor Marsha from The Fools Gold Series by Susan Mallery

Okay, if anyone has read this series they know that Mayor Marsha is pretty old...like 70+ years old...so why did I pick her? She literally knows EVERYTHING! You can't keep a secret from her and she has ways of setting people up without them even figuring it out! SO, why not confide in someone who is going to find out your secret ANYWAYS? Also, she has set up so many amazing couples that why wouldn't I go to her for relationship advice??!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. More Than Friends: Who would be your book bf/gf? (If you like both genders you can choose one of each, but only one choice per gender!)


My Choice: Lord Maccon from Soulless by Gail Carriger

OMG OMG OMG!!! What can I say sabot my love for Lord Maccon that is coherent enough fo this post?? hdfjhsdfugsfs! Yup, that about sums it up. In all seriousness, I fell for this man from the tine he was introduced! I don't know what it was but there was something so alluring and SEXY about him that literally had me fanning myself at times. I think it was partially thanks to his banter and the fact that he was a werewolf! I just love how he is a gentleman mixed in with some animal instinct. ;) 

BTW this is who I was picturing as him the whole time: 


My other GORGEOUS werewolf love from Lost Girl! Now, don't go telling me how he resembles nothing about Lord Maccon! SHH! Let me enjoy my book (and show) boyfriend! <3 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Tag Some Book Buddies! 

I am finishing this up on my phone and can't really look up blogs right now, I tag ALL of you!!! 
I will come back sometime this week and tag a couple of specific people but everyone is welcomed to do it! If you do, let me know so I can go read all of YOUR fun responses! 





















2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Shatter Me! I am aware that Kenji's and Juliette's friendship doesn't go further than that and I love that fact. I feel like all the YA books end with the main character falling in love with her/his best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great series! It is one of those that you start off okay and by the last one you are full on in love with it! Well at least for me! :) And yeah I loved their friendship! I am a firm believer that guys and girls can be purely friends and we don't get to see that often in YA!

      Delete