Monday, June 29, 2015

30 Day Reading Challenge: Day 5




Hey Guys! Since I have my good days and my bad days when it comes to writing and posting, I decided that a 30 day challenge such as this one may be a great way to keep me posting consistently. BUT if I somehow miss a day or post it late I am not stressing out about it. Blogging is something I enjoy but it is NOT a chore so I don't want to treat it as one. I hope you all understand! :) I came across this challenge thanks to Chantal over at CK's Reading Corner. Go check out her blog btw because she is awesome! She came across it on Aya's blog Books Wide Open, another lovely blogger whom you should check out! We aren't really sure where it originated from or who created it but if you do happen to know PLEASE let me know so we can give the person credit! 


 Day 5: A Book That Makes You Happy


There are literally hundreds of books that make me happy because reading in and of itself brings me so much joy. BUT seeing as I had to narrow it down to just ONE (who thought up this madness??!), I figured I would go with the first book I could think of that made me smile the whole way through and still makes me smile just thinking about it. That book is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this book! From the second I opened it up I knew it would be magical. I loved Cath as a character because in some ways I saw a lot of me in her, even though I didn't suffer from the same social anxieties she did, she was so easy to relate to. I loved that Rainbow was able to depict College life as so much more than just drugs, parties, and drinking. I loved that she wrote fan-fiction based on a book series that resembled Harry Potter, it brought back a lot of nostalgia! AND I LOVED Levi! OMG I could read thousands of pages just about him. Every time he made an appearance I just couldn't help but grin from ear to ear! I want a Levi in my life even if I have to settle for being just friends because I think he would make everyone's life a little brighter! Even though this book does deal with darker issues such as abandonment and mental illness, it does so in a lighthearted and approachable way. Everything Rainbow writes is GOLD and this was no exception! <3

P.S. I am DYING for Carry On to come out on October 6th!!! I need it like yesterday! 

Let me know some books that make you happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment