Monday, June 8, 2015

Mini Review: Curious by R.G.Alexander

Tittle: Curious
Author: R.G. Alexander
Series: The Finn Factor (#1)
Pages: 251
Format: E-book
Genre: Romance, Erotica, LGBT, BDSM

Are you Curious? 

Jeremy Porter is. Though the bisexual comic book artist has known Owen Finn for most of his life—long enough to know that he is terminally straight—he can’t help but imagine what things would be like if he weren’t. 


Owen is far from vanilla—as a dominant in the local fetish community, he sees as much action as Jeremy does. Lately even more. 


Since Jeremy isn’t into collars and Owen isn’t into men, it seems like his fantasies will remain just that forever…until one night when Owen gets curious. 


Warning: Contains explicit m/m nookie. A lot of it. Very detailed. Two men getting kinky, talking dirty and doing the horizontal mambo. Are you reading this? Do you see them on the cover? Guy parts will touch. You have been warned. ~Amazon


I decided to look this book up based on a buzzfeed article that I can't seem to find right now but WILL link as soon as I do. Once I was on Amazon, I read the synopsis and was intrigued and then I got to the "warning" part and was laughing so hard that I was SOLD!

This book deals with two men, Owen and Jeremy, who are best friends and have been for many years. Owen is straight and into BDSM while Jeremy is bi-sexual and into quite a bit of kinky endevours such as threesome. Jeremy has always had a thing for Owen but for obvious reasons he never imagined anything would ever happen. But one night on Owen's birthday, Owen comes over and basically confesses to Jeremy that he is curious about what it would be like to be with him and then the steaminess begins!

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I thought from the start that they had a great relationship based on many many years of friendship. The amount of trust between them  really helped both to let go and be comfortable in new situations. I liked that throughout it Jeremy was so worried about Owen and how he might feel after, rather than just take advantage of the fact that he was willing. I also loved the fact that Owen wasn't disgusted or hostile and defensive afterwards and accepted it for what it was.  It made their relationship a lot sweeter and relatable. I thought the ending was also really good as it brought a bit of tension in but also showed you the importance of family and friends and the willingness to be open and accepting.

I've read quite a number of books that have sex in them but very few deal with characters that know each other so well. I think often times sex in books is constrained to the norms and ideals because there is lack of trust between the characters. My favorite part of this book was how freely the characters were able to discuss and explore not only sexuality in terms of gender attraction but also sexuality in terms or what they enjoyed and where their limits were at. I do have to warn you that the scenes ARE graphic and descriptive. If aspects of BDSM or talk of toys and their use bother you then I might steer clear of this book.

Overall, this book was a very quick, fun, enjoyable book. It explored sexuality, acceptance, friendship, trust, family and love. It was sexy but balanced out by a lot of sweet and heartwarming moments. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a little sugar and spice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment